February 10, 2013

PALLET DESK DIY

this pallet has been standing in my living room for some time now, and I finally decided what I want to use it for. I needed a desk, and it led me (with some help from my brother and niece) to making one using this pallet. it didn't take more than half an hour to make, and I'm super happy with the result.
you'll need: a pallet (I prefer one that looks old and used), additional planks of the same size as the thinnest planks on the pallet, a hammer and nails.remove the thinnest planks from the pallet, or let your pretty little niece help you do it.
make the desk top, it's easy to see what I've done. you'll need two small planks with the size of your desk top's width. when it comes to the desk top it's optional how many planks you use, this depends on how far out you want the desk top to be. I used three planks, but would've used more if it hadn't been for the door.

nail the desk top on to the side of your pallet, and put it up against the wall. use your screwdriver and two screws to secure the pallet by attaching it to the wall. this is important, otherwise the weight you put on your desk top is going to make the pallet fall forward. and, finito! easy, fun and FREE. and I love things I can store my books on! the finished result:

27 comments:

sarah said...

genius.

Anonymous said...

Kjempeflott hylle og bord Vilde !, du er verkeleg kreativ og får det til.:) klem t.Eli

Anonymous said...

Kjempeflott hylle og bord Vilde !! Du er kjempekreativ of flink til å få det til. :)
t.Eli

Anonymous said...

Thats just AWESOME!

Sesilie said...

Dette er jo helt sinnsykt stilig! Elsker nettsiden <3

KarianneJ said...

Så flink og kreativ du er, Vilde <3 Ble kjempe fint !!

peculiarmee said...

thank you! i like your tumblr <3

peculiarmee said...

tusen tusen takk, tante!!

peculiarmee said...

thank you :)

peculiarmee said...

tuusen tusen takk for det! :)

peculiarmee said...

tusen takk, karianne <3 du er så god!

sara said...

SÅ himla snyggt.

peculiarmee said...

tusen takk!! <3

Josefine Vii said...

elsker idéen ! ble kjempebra :)

peculiarmee said...

tuusen takk, jossi <3

Yanis said...

Very original! What a nice work! ;)

Anne said...

Åå, så kult det ble :))

peculiarmee said...

tusen takk!

Silvina said...

Esto es exactamente lo que necesito para mi habitación! Grat idea!

Anonymous said...

Im thinking about doing this but I was wondering how did you do the chair.

Anna said...

This is awesome! Loved your ideas!

http://minhacasaorganizada.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Can you show how you mad the chair? (if you did)

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb weblog format! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging glance easy. The overall glance of your website is
fantastic, as well as the content material!


my site :: Elder scrolls Online beta sign up

peculiarmee said...

thank you so much! i've been blogging on and off for 6 months or something. thank you!

Anonymous said...

hi, it can handle the weight of the screen?

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is a great DIY desk. Would you mind sharing where your chair cover is from?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using
for this site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking
at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point
me in the direction of a good platform.

My blog post :: Kmix Mixer

Post a Comment